Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Rounding in the ICU

Dr. Lung: "Ibee! Do you drive a Hyundai Sonata?"

Dr. Grumpy: "No. I have an old Nissan Maxima."

Dr. Lung: "Well, someone in a Hyundai Sonata hit me in the parking lot."

Dr. Grumpy: "I'm sorry, I hope you find out who it was."

Dr. Lung: "It had to be another doctor. The Hyundai next to me has a dent that matches mine."

Dr. Grumpy: "Okay, I'm going down to ER..."

Dr. Lung: "It's going to cost a fortune to fix, too. Can you believe the way people are?"

Dr. Grumpy: "No, I'll see you later..."

Dr. Lung: "It makes you wonder whatever happened to professional courtesy when things like this happen. Maybe it was a medical student. Or a PA. Or..."

Dr. Grumpy: "I think they have to park across the street. Oh, I better take this call...Hello? This is Dr. Grumpy." (psychotically answers phone that didn't ring, walks away quickly)

15 comments:

OMDG said...

He should give the med student an F anyway, just to show them who's boss.

Anonymous said...

As a PA, I aim for the doctor, not the car....

Packer said...

Lawyer's View : Anyone injured ?

Heidi said...

So much for rich doctors driving fancy cars...another stereotype bites the dust.

BizzyMomma said...

Good one, anonymous @9:04am! Me too!

Charles said...

Dr. Grumpy! I think that you're mistaken. Wasn't Dr. "Spleen" who was venting his little rant?

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to go back to PUA school...

gloria p said...

Doesn't matter if it was you who hit him or not, he wants someone (you'll do) to pay for the damage.

Loren Pechtel said...

Is that the real reason vibrate mode was invented, perhaps? (To take fake calls.)

Anonymous said...

Dr. Lung: Okay, the important thing here is that you ask me what kind of car I've got.
Dr. Grumpy: Uhhhh...what kind of car do you got?
Dr. Lung: I've got a BITCHIN' CAMARO!!!

Crazy RxMan said...

Grumpy, you should have said, "Yeah, it was me? Whatchoo gunna do bout it?!?"

cliffintokyo said...

Dr Lung might be suffering from Asian "Flew"....(making a few assumptions here)

Wendy said...

@Heidi: rich doctors probably do.

Ms. Donna said...

Well, looks like the Yak Herder got away from that one. To be fair, someone hit my car while it was properly parked and I was muttering under my breath about it for weeks.
And my mother is going after me about her "baby carriage." Drive her to the Dr. this AM to have her cataract surgery site looked at (routine. She now has 20/20 vision in that eye.
While exiting the parking lot her back up sensor BEEPED.So I stopped and pulled forward. Mom, impatient, gestured me to go foward. And we heard the S-c-r-a-p-e as the lower front bumper contacted the curbing. The same curbing I was trying to avoid when the sensor BEEPED!

Anonymous said...

Yep, my not rich doctor husband was hit - twice - in the doctor's parking area at the hospital. No note, no nothin'. But the people who hit his car were probably thinking - that dang stupid MR2 was hard to see! It really is the dang MR2's fault!!

 
Locations of visitors to this page